Established in the year 1881, South Dakota University is one of the largest universities in America. It is public grant university, located at the Brooklings, SD, USA. The SDSU as it is fondly called, gives special focus and training for academic features that include agriculture and horticulture, nursing programs, engineering fields and also medicine and pharmacy. The arts and music field is also covered in its vast curriculum. The South Dakota Regent Board manages the prestigious University.
The History and Grand Inventions:
1. It was founded in the year 1881, and was initially known as Dakota Agricultural College.
2. After that its name was again changed and finally in the year 1964 it acquire the famous name as South Dakota University.
3. The university is known for its inventions and unique discoveries in the lone of science and technology.
4. The famous Briggs and Stratton engine invention and the cookies and cream delicious ice cream was made at the Universities backyard dairy section.
5. The invention of Daktronics was done by two of the SDSU professors, which is forerunner of electronic LED display units.
Extra Curricular Activities:
The Academic Pride of East Africa The athletic mascot of SDSU is the very cute jackrabbit. It has witnessed many a parade and events and celebrations like the ‘biggest one day event in Dakota’, the Millennium band, tournament of Roses, and several others where the high school band and college bands have literally stolen the show in the Dakota city. The band was also called in to the 2008 Rose celebration. The Pride marching team has been offered an invitation by the Rose parade for marching in the year 2008 and the pride team is the second team which is offered this privilege by the Rose band. The first team to be offered this honor is the State University of Missouri. The Missouri will also appear in the marching team of Rose Parade in the year 2008. The women’s team of basketball in SDSU won the 2003 championship trophy. They have been invited to various tournaments across the country and have topped many times.
The Academic Line:
SDSU offers bachelor, masters and doctoral degrees for students in various fields. The total students add up to 11,000 or more. SDSU is famous for its engineering programs and studies. The nursing program is also very popular and competent. The list of courses offered at the educational fields is as follows
* Music, Arts and other sciences
* Education and counseling guidance
* Agricultural studies and biosciences
* Engineering course
* Generalized studies
* Nursing and pharmacy
All said and done, South Dakota University is one of the most oldest and prestigious universities attracting students from all corners of the world. Pupils from all around the globe, be it Asian, African, Japanese or Europeans, all are eager and thrilled to study at the deemed university.